[Oe List ...] Penance is required

Bill Schlesinger w.schlesinger at pvida.net
Mon Aug 20 12:48:37 PDT 2018

One of the key Calvinist doctrines helps here -  total depravity.  We’re all screwed up (want evidence?).  So we’d better deal with it.  Dealing with it means structures that provide checks and balances, open access points for comment and protection for those of lesser authority while holding accountability for performance in a verifiable system.  We didn’t do great with all of that, so I guess that makes us pretty good at figuring out ways to fix messes.  But all system (human institutions – remember) are based on unbelief.  There is no final fix, but there are ways forward.  Question is – the willingness to take on the potential of fracturing the system in doing so.

FWIW

Bill Schlesinger

Project Vida

3607 Rivera Avenue