[Oe List ...] Remembering Clarence Snelling

Gail West icataiw at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 16:45:16 PDT 2018

Clarence was one of the teachers of my first RS-1 in Denver in 1970 where
he was on the faculty of Iliff Seminary.  I have many memories of his
participation at House Church at the Denver House, the LCE and recruitment
of courses.  A great spirit giant who addressed the lives of many of us.
In gratitude.  Gail

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 7:09 AM, Paula Philbrook via OE <
oe at lists.wedgeblade.net> wrote:

> Clarence was a young Methodist in New Orleans in the mid-1940's in High
> School. He was a contemporary of my Dad's so most of my stories are second
> hand.   George and Wanda Holcombe can probably share more first hand.
>
> He was a pillar of the Civil Rights efforts within the Methodist Church
> serving as the Campus minister at Tulane in New Orleans. He was innovative
> in his approach by organizing Bible studies for both Tulane and the nearby
> African American College.  He was active in the National Methodist Student
> Movement (NMSM) conferences.  Martin Luther King, Jr., Richard Laubach and
> Joseph Wesley Mathews were keynote speakers among centennial leaders of
> the century invited to speak.  Many of us remember the MOTIVE magazine
> which was the publication spawned by the MSM.
>
> Although he never directly worked with the teaching programs of the
> Ecumenical Institute or ICA he was a life time supporter of the Spirit
> Movement.   Many of us recall his participation in the Millennium
> Connection (2000) in Denver.
>
> Paula
>
> On Sun, Apr 15, 2018 at 4:48 PM, Lynda C via OE <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net>
> wrote:
>
>> I do not have the details, but I recall that Clarence Snelling was on the
>> faculty of Iliff Seminary in Denver and was very supportive of our work
>> there.  In skimming through an Archive listing, I found this brochure of a
>> Training event held at Iliff.  It is only the cover of a brochure, but it
>> brought to mind the vastness of the Crimson Line and the gratitude for
>> Clarence and Shirley Heckman Snelling, who each were part of spreading our
>> work with local churches at various times.
>>
>> I hope others can add to that history.
>>

>> https://wedgeblade.net/files/archives_assets/19903.pdf
>>

>> With gratitude, Lynda Cock

> --
> Paula
>
> “Is it logical that two people can disagree and that both can be right?
> It's not logical: it's psychological. And it's very real.”  ― Stephen R.
> Covey <https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1538.Stephen_R_Covey>

*Gail West, ICA*

*3F, No. 12, Lane 5, Tien Mou W RdTaipei, Taiwan 111Ph) 8862) 2871-3150*
email) icataiw at gmail.com
Skype) gwestica
www.icatw.com