[Oe List ...] MLK weekend in Chicago

Linda Barnes barnes.lindar at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 16:20:34 PDT 2018

Memories:
I remember being seated next to JWM on the Thursday night in College ??
(Maundy Thursday is my recollection). Charles Lingo passed the news to
Matthews.
On Friday Rupert Barnes and I were taking the train from University of
Chicago back to the West Side and could see the smoke billowing in the
distance. I was 4th teacher in an RS-1 that weekend on the West Side.  I
remember, at one point Abednego Barnes (now 51!) being in the apartment of
the Bezansons on 1st floor and, at some point, I was informed that he along
with a number of young ones had been put on the Eisenhower Expressway train
headed west; I really don't recall where those kids ended up...I think on
church benches at whatever town was at the end of the line.
The RS-1 under the tutelage of Donna McClesky went on...all cool!

Linda Barnes
--
*Linda Rolfing Barnes*