[Oe List ...] Kurt Andersen's book Fantasyland: How America Lost its Mind

David Dunn via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sun Sep 10 18:52:54 PDT 2017

“Fantasyland”

… is an important, timely, and eminently readable book. It is a meticulously researched account about what brought America to this so-called ‘post-truth’ moment with Donald Trump in the White House.

I’ve attached Sept 2017 article from "The Atlantic.” The book is available on Amazon and the audio version on Audible.

Andersen is funny, lucid, and articulate. He references many of the books we read or noted in the ‘60s and ‘70s as we were revving up for human development and the new religious mode.

As Burna and I are listening to it via Audible, Fantasyland is becominga radical update of my sense of time and place, my social vision and contradiction analysis, and my sense of an aspect of the current mission of those who care.

It is an essential read and the perfect companion to dialogue with Rob Work’s “A Compassionate Civilization.”

David

—

David Dunn
740 S Alton Way 9B