[Oe List ...] Pentecost Blessings

Lynda C via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sun Jun 4 04:02:28 PDT 2017

This song was a powerful one for me, even with its old style gender.  I never did find a replaceable word that fit the meter and the meaning.  Wish I could hear some of our great voices and our not so great voices singing this on this Pentecost Sunday.  I recall how the harmony filled the room with its power.        Sing out wherever you are!     Lynda Cock

PENECOST HYMN
Tune: There's New World Coming

Like the sound of heaven with the rushing of the wind
Came the fire a-burning and new life was given to men.
The young see visions and the old dream dreams
Born of fire, filled with power, for all men.

To the light from darkness, and to freedom from fear
Building from the ashes into one community
Peter, Paul, and Luther, Augustine and Benedict
Born of fire, filled with power, for all men.

With despair abounding and a lack of hope around
Still the Spirit comes to the ones who birth the day
Giving breath and being to the ones who give their death
Born of fire, filled with power, for all men.

For the coming ages and the journey of mankind
We claim the promise that the fire give life to them
Deciding freely to live on behalf of all
Born of fire, filled with power, for all men.