[Oe List ...] Laudato Si Cosmic Advent Wreath Candle Lighting Prayers

Ellie Stock elliestock at aol.com
Wed Dec 13 10:36:38 PST 2017

Hi Folks,

Sorry this is halfway through Advent, but for those who are interested below are four prayers, one for each week of Advent from the Laudato Si Cosmic Advent Wrath Candle Light Prayers, by the School Sisters of Notre Dame.  For more info, see website link below the prayers.

Ellie
elliestock at aol.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Week 1
BIRTH OF THE UNIVERSE

Light the Blue Candle

COME
Sacred Source of All Life

Today as I/we light the candle of the BIRTH of the UNIVERSE unfolding in God who fills it, we pray--for an awareness of the oneness of the universe, vast and vibrating with the sound of its beginning.  Like the First Flaring Forth, this small flame reminds me/us of our presence in THE CHRIST in whome live and move and have our being in this ever-expanding universe.

COME, waken me/us
             to ONENESS

John 1:1-5
Is 40:1-5, 9-11

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Week 2
BIRTH OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM

Light the Green Candle

COME
Wondrous Community of Infinite Love

Today, as I/we light the candle of the BIRTH of the SOLAR SYSTEM we pray "Triune God, wondrous community of infinite love, teach us to contemplate You in the beauty of the universe, for all things speak of You.  Awaken our praise and thankfulness for every being that You have made.  Give us the grace to feel profoundly connected to everything that is".   ~ Laudato Si

COME, waken me/us
             to PRAISE

Ps 148

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Week 3
BIRTH OF JESUS THE CHRIST

Light the Red Candle

COME
Risen Christ Incarnate Love

Today as I/we light the candle of the BIRTH OF JESUS THE CHRIST I/we pray to "Fall inlove once again with the Great Mystery of God's care for us--Divine Incarnation so deep and long--as to take on our bodied lives as God's very own, even our most humble beginnings and endings, and finally, see each day as opportunity to BEAR CHRIST every newly."  ~ John Kavanaugh, SJ

COME, waken me/us
             to LOVE

Heb 1:3
John 1:1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Week 4
MY BIRTH INTO THE WHOLE COSMIC BOSDY OF THE UNIVERSE

Light the Amber Candle

COME
Ever-Present, Ever-Coming Christ

Today as I/we light the candle of the MY BIRTH INTO THE WHOLE COSMIC BODY OF THE UNIVERSE, I am/we are aware You accepted me/us in my/our most naked being of beginning.  Now, joining to all being and in conscious loving trust I/we pray to move forward on the great journey of lifeintodeathintonew life.  I/we believe all life came from You and is forever on a spiraling journey back to You.  ~ adapted from Ed Hays

COME, waken me/us
             to WONDER

Ps. 139: 13-16

Let us SING as we go.
May our struggles and our concern
   for this planet never
           take away the JOY
       of our HOPE.
                   ~ Laudato Si

-PRINTED copies of the Laudato Si Cosmic Advent Wreath with prayers for candle lighting  $2.00 @
   contact:  gcassani at ssndcp.org or visit: www.ssnd.org

LAUDATO SI' COSMIC Advent Wreath - ssndcentralpacific.org
https://www.ssndcentralpacific.org/file/2016/cosmic-advent-wreath...
LAUDATO SI. COSMIC advent wreath. CANDLE LIGHTING PRAYERS. with. LAUDATO SI' COSMIC Advent Wreath © Design: Gen Cassani, SSND. 8 1/2 X 11. Ministry of Art and Design