[Oe List ...] Listserve on prayer, 2-story universe, etc.

Isobel and Jim Bishop via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Sep 19 19:27:19 PDT 2016

Isobel and  Jim Bishop
isobeljimbish at optusnet.com.au

Dear Folks, especially Jack,

I too am grateful that the list serve is still ticking over!  I  have observed  over the years I have been reading this listserve- that in the summer months in the northern hemisphere- you all are quieter, and don' t  engage so much.. I have always thought to myself

that this is because you like to be outdoors, enjoying your summer….? In the winter months when you don' t go out so much, you seem to stay by your computer more often and write pearls of wisdom….Just my observation  from  down here in Oz.

Yes, I listened to Joe's lecture and it brought back so many memories.

I thought he described the two storey universe well. I hope that Susan found it useful.

Nowadays I think what Joe was saying to me--  can best be described as the connectedness of ALL of life-  both at the very  centre of my life, and in the cosmos, and  in the urban, secular everyday life  of connecting with the world and all that is within it.

… and   at  the edges too. ...the farthest reaches of the planet. I did notice that the last few words of Joe's talk included ' all of Creation itself.' This made me realise that Joe was way ahead of his time, talking about Creation….

A word about prayer…   Some time ago, on the list serve there was some reference to prayer- and Jim Weigel gave a small description of it-  as ' leaning to the good'.  I don't  know if this helps others, but it helped me at the time, and I still reflect on these

words. I do feel that good vibes which I empathise about a situation;  can bring gentleness and calmness to a situation, be it a person, or a situation.

Enough from me from Leichhardt, an inner west suburb of Sydney.

Jim is well-  has just had had both his caratacts renewed, and will be  87 next month. I am 80, and still very active. We do lots of walking and exercises etc.,

Our daughter Rebecca, a US citizen, will be voting again in your  Election,  I reckon. It is quite scary from this viewpoint.

All the best to y'all,

and with grace, peace, and love,

from   Isobel.