[Oe List ...] what....?

James Wiegel via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Nov 7 07:59:05 PST 2016

Thanks for this, particularly Joyce (Joy?) -- A couple of years ago, folks in Oklahoma City hosted a get together and had a group CSIS present their analysis of the trends having the most impact on the shape of our world out to 2035.  The called it "Seven Revolutions".  One was Governance.  These 7 and likely others are swirling around us, including the Presidential campaigns here in the US, and it often seems as though we are trying to pretend nothing radical is going on.  Personally, I have been looking around for an old poem by the Russian Yevgeny Yevtushenko about being past 30 and fearing the nights.  I have also been listening intently to some of the Lyrics of Leonard Cohen's songs, especially the line "there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in . . ."
   - Global Trends: Seven Revolutions
   - Revolution 1: Population
   - Revolution 2: Resource Management
   - Revolution 3: Technology
   - Revolution 4: Information and Knowledge
   - Revolution 5: Economics
   - Revolution 6: Security
   - Revolution 7: Governance
The Future of Global Governance
CIVIL SOCIETY/NGOS, MULTILATERALS, & THE FUTURE OUTLOOK
We have crossed into a new period of governance—from the Westphalian nation-state system to a world with a powerful set of actors outside of traditional governments. The challenges of the previous revolutions will test our leaders as they seek innovative solutions. Strategic coalitions consisting of governments, corporations, NGOs, and academic institutions will be necessary in mounting effective responses and capitalizing on important opportunities. Jim Wiegel
“If you want an adventure . . . what a time to be alive!”. Joanna Macy
401 North Beverly Way,Tolleson, Arizona 85353623-363-3277jfwiegel at yahoo.comwww.partnersinparticipation.com
Upcoming ToP training opportunities in Arizona
More info on:
ToP® Facilitation Methods ToP® Strategic Planning: Mastering the Technology of Participation
Register on line / see the ToP National ScheduleAICP Planners: 14.5 CM for all ToP® courses
The AZ ToP® Community of Practice meets the 1st Friday, of every month, 1-4 pm, at ACYR, 648 N. 5th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85003