[Oe List ...] Nov 3, 2013

Seth Longacre via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Thu Nov 3 17:02:41 PDT 2016

I was only paying attention vaguely from afar. But then it wasn't just the Cubs in the World Series, but it had gone to game 7. That doesn't happen often and seemed to guarantee an exciting game. So I hunted down a local joint with big screens and cider on tap and settled in to watch. Wow. Baseball is very rarely that exciting. And who knew there would be so many Cubs fans in Carlsbad, CA? When they tied up at the bottom of the ninth and then there was the rain delay, I was feeling so anxious, I had to go pee many times. I was really expecting them to give up and lose, but they didn't. They rallied and both teams fought until the end. It was a beautiful thing to watch and a very fitting and deserved end to a 108 year championship drought.

Seth Longacre
sethlongacre at gmail.com
Sent from one of my iThingies