[Oe List ...] Personal Reaity

Margaret Aiseayew via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sun Nov 6 22:51:12 PST 2016

Dear Colleagues,

In these times (in which we are still the people), we all find ourselves in
vastly differing personal realities.  I am serving two very small
congregations here in the middle of Iowa and this past weekend was our
Thanksgiving Ingathering.  Between the two churches (where attendance ranges
from five to ten in one and ten to fifteen in the other) we managed to raise
nearly $12,000 for contributions to global missions presented at the
In-Gathering.  Please don't start on the inadequacies these contributions
(or missions) represent and celebrate with me this large accomplishment of
very few.

Believe it or not, all that we have been discussing here on the list is
tearing at the fabric of these small communities.  I felt compelled to
address it this morning in a witness that I titled "The Time Has Come."  I
am severely constrained in the language I use.  I have tried to convince
them in many ways what I mean when I used the word 'God.'  I tried to
address their fear, frustration and anxiety.  I closed my talk this morning
by reminding them that no matter what happens on Tuesday, on Wednesday
morning when we rise God will still be God and we will still be charged with
loving God's world and all that is in it with every cell of our being.

Margaret