[Oe List ...] Salmon: Focus on the Necessary Deeds

William Salmon via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sun Nov 6 19:16:02 PST 2016

Lynda and John, and so many others--
    You've helped to focus our attention on the situation at Standing Rock and the love already poured out in this outpost of civilization. Thank you. Your appeal is filled with important responses for all of those already on site or in preparation to stand in the gap. Now is the time to stand with our EG who have picked up the mantel of social responsibility.
    There is another, and more personal, crises brewing: I want to lift up the impending crises taking place with Jaime Vergara. At the moment he and his wife are "eating peanuts," while his financial situation get worse with the threat of legal action. Jaime has been our "Eastern Light." My fear is that his connection is malfunctioning.
    My paraphrase of his traditional way of closing is when all else fails we'll, "meet around the bend." For now, what may follow is not a pretty picture.
    Please familiarize yourselves with what is going on--or not going on--and make whatever personal response that you can. It is prayer-time!
    Bill