[Oe List ...] Gordon Harper

Linda Barnes via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Tue Feb 9 03:32:06 PST 2016

On the occasion of Gordon's passage

We, Rupert and Linda Barnes, lived next to Gordon and Roxanna in the early
days of the Kemper building in the famous filing cabinet suites.  Often, in
the evening, after our progeny had been tucked into their respective filing
cabinet cubbies, aromatic  pipe smoke would waft over the top and between
the cracks of the filing cabinets into our neighboring suite.  One could
hear Gordon rustling through papers or quietly commenting to Roxana about
something read in the New York Times.  That was my first brief acquaintance
with the Harper clan as they were rapidly whisked off to Taiwan and India
and only much later were the Barnes  and the Harpers to reacquaint through
the marriage of Elena Harper and Daudi Barnes.

Over the years  we have had the privilege of interacting with Gordon and
Roxanna through family gatherings and as grandchildren wove their way into
our families.  A prodigious mind, ever inquisitive, ever mindful of the
uniqueness of the spirit movement, grounded in the Order Ecumenical, ironic
to a fault.  A father and grandfather of loving objectivity, a colleague
and a dear friend.  We experience loss at this moment,  but we will
remember you Gordon  in fullness as a warrior for justice and humanity.  Thank
you for passing our way on this amazing journey.

--

*Linda Rolfing Barnes, CNM*