[Oe List ...] [Dialogue] EI-ICA Chronological History

Judy Lindblad via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Thu Sep 17 07:38:16 PDT 2015

As Bob Hope would say, *"Thanks for the memories"* and the Chronological
History along with the opportunity to participate in building it.

In the spirit of local "persons" rising to build the earth, one of the
Global Odysseys in 1974 was organized by the Local Church Experiment in
Rochester, NY.  Our leaders were Charles and Ann Taylor, Carl Stock and
Ellie Stock, plus a lay couple.  Charles and Carl were pastors of Dewey
Avenue Presbyterian Church. Four Albany Metro colleagues, Ken and Dorcas
Rose and Norm and Judy Lindblad joined 22 from that church, including 4
youth. Metro colleagues Ellen and Dick Howie and my parents cared for our
children during the 26 days we were away.

Last May we gathered in Rochester to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of that
life changing event with 11 participants and others who supported our dream
"to experience the whole world as one".  We all agreed it is a daily
touchstone for us with Planet Earth.  One of the highlights of the Reunion
for me, was hearing that the youth showed the corporate slide show of the
trip to all Social Studies classes at the High School and former classmates
still remember that experience and thank them for broadening their
horizons!

Our trip stood on the shoulders of the Odysseys that went before us to
develop and pioneer this amazing venture.  We give thanks for the gift it
is in our lives and the chance to share it in this online community.

Judy and Norm Lindblad