[Oe List ...] [Dialogue] EI-ICA Chronological History

Jack Gilles via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Wed Sep 16 13:24:37 PDT 2015

Priscilla,

Yes, I remember being present at the Summer 70 event when Don Clark came and reported to all about the trip.

Jan and I were on the last Global Odyssey in Summer 75. George and Elise Packard where the leaders, with the Retigg’s and Jan and I as the 2nd and 3’rds. It was especially meaningful because Bob and Kate St.Clair where on it and we had to deal with his wheelchair in so many places, like getting up to the acropolis, and the hotel with a micro elevator in Rome!  Landing in Calcutta late at night and going to the hotel on what I thought was the “back roads” (only to discover this WAS the main road!) and then having a rat run between our legs as we went to the room. We could hear them in the walls and slept with the lights on all night!

What an amazing trip it was and for that time, a fantastic encounter with the “otherness” of the Globe.

Jack Gilles