[Oe List ...] [Dialogue] My sad story about LINKEDIN

Joyce Bonafield via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Fri Sep 11 05:43:33 PDT 2015

Thanks for your heads up, John.  I received two invites to join your Linked In.
Here's my story about LinkedIn, and why I no longer use it, though many people contact me to join it.  Recently, LinkedIn stole my entire contact list from my computer---about 1300 contacts-- and invited all of them to join my LinkedIn.  Obviously, this was also a hijacking by hackers.  For a couple of weeks, I would get about 50-60 people a day saying they wanted to join my LinkedIn.  I couldn't get LinkedIn to do anything about it or even acknowledge that there was a problem.  I just erase all LinkedIn messages now, and can't seem to erase my account either.   I don't know how many people have experienced this, but it is no longer a safe way to communicate.
I think the way to go if this happens is to just withdraw your participation completely.
---Joyce Bonafield-Pierce