[Oe List ...] Longing for Peace When There Is No Peace

Nancy Trask via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sun Nov 15 15:28:19 PST 2015

That is a terrific prayer, a great piece of poetry,  Marshall,  thanks for sharing it. Nancy Trask

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone-------- Original message --------From: "W. J. via OE" <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net> Date: 11/15/2015  7:54 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: Order Ecumenical Community <oe at wedgeblade.net>, ICA Dialogue Dialogue <ica-dialogue at igc.topica.com> Subject: [Oe List ...] Longing for Peace When There Is No Peace
I'd like to share with our community a prayer I wrote for today's roundtable worship service.Marshall

Longing for Peace When There Is No Peace

Responsive Prayer of Confession

Our hearts are heavy with
grieving today.

Deliver us now from our hatred and fear.

When Paris is bombed, we all are
attacked.

Deliver us now from our hatred and fear.

We mourn for our brothers and
sisters who died.

Deliver us now from our hatred and fear.

We’re fragile and vulnerable,
broken and angry.

Deliver us now from our hatred and fear.

Our freedom and affluence have
not kept us safe.

Deliver us now from our hatred and fear.

Our gated communities have not
kept us safe.

Deliver us now from our hatred and fear.

Our rifles and pistols have not
kept us safe.

Deliver us now from our hatred and fear.

Our homeland security has not
kept us safe.

Deliver us now from our hatred and fear.

Our border defenses have not kept
us safe.

Deliver us now from our hatred and fear.

Our satellite spying has not kept
us safe.

Deliver us now from our hatred and fear.

Our drones and our prisons have
not kept us safe.

Deliver us now from our hatred and fear.

Our Pentagon budget has not kept
us safe.

Deliver us now from our hatred and fear.

Our money and power have not kept
us safe.

Deliver us now from our hatred and fear.

We live with injustice and still
call for peace.

Deliver us now from our hatred and fear.

We’re arrogant, haughty, judgmental,
and scared.

Deliver us now from our hatred and fear.

We have met the enemy, and they
are us.

Deliver us now from our hatred and fear.

Amen, Amin, Ameyn.