[Oe List ...] Longing for Peace When There Is No Peace

W. J. via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sun Nov 15 05:54:33 PST 2015

I'd like to share with our community a prayer I wrote for today's roundtable worship service.Marshall
Longing for Peace When There Is No PeaceAResponsive Prayer of Confession Our hearts are heavy withgrieving today.Deliver us now from our hatred and fear. When Paris is bombed, we all areattacked.Deliver us now from our hatred and fear. We mourn for our brothers andsisters who died.Deliver us now from our hatred and fear. We’re fragile and vulnerable,broken and angry.Deliver us now from our hatred and fear. Our freedom and affluence havenot kept us safe.Deliver us now from our hatred and fear. Our gated communities have notkept us safe.Deliver us now from our hatred and fear. Our rifles and pistols have notkept us safe.Deliver us now from our hatred and fear. Our homeland security has notkept us safe.Deliver us now from our hatred and fear. Our border defenses have not keptus safe.Deliver us now from our hatred and fear. Our satellite spying has not keptus safe.Deliver us now from our hatred and fear. Our drones and our prisons havenot kept us safe.Deliver us now from our hatred and fear. Our Pentagon budget has not keptus safe.Deliver us now from our hatred and fear. Our money and power have not keptus safe.Deliver us now from our hatred and fear. We live with injustice and stillcall for peace.Deliver us now from our hatred and fear. We’re arrogant, haughty, judgmental,and scared.Deliver us now from our hatred and fear. We have met the enemy, and theyare us.Deliver us now from our hatred and fear. Amen, Amin, Ameyn.