[Oe List ...] People's Climate March

the telfords via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Nov 30 14:12:06 PST 2015

Several members of the OE community in Australia participated in the
People's Climate Marchs held in various cities across the nation on Sunday.
In Sydney there were probably 20,000 people marching and this included many
Pacific Islands peoples in their colourful traditional clothes.

We are trying to convince the Australian government to set a challenging
target for emissions reductions and to get serious about investing in
renewable power generation - after all we do have lots of space in our
continent where we can put solar panels and wind turbines!!

Unfortunately we still have some politicians in power who think we should
approve more coal mines even after we got rid of the key climate change
deny-er.(not sure how to spell that but you know who I mean)

Last night on Australia's ABC TV  program titled 'Foreign Correspondent'
there was an excellent coverage of some of the progressive programs around
the world including new start-up businesses such as Sungevity:

"California’s Bay Area is abuzz with optimism as a new wave of young solar
entrepreneurs mine ideas and connect them to cash. One venture installs
solar power for Kenyan villagers who pay for what they use by phone, no
bank account required. California plans to be 50 per cent renewable by 2030.

“The solar industry has employed 55,000 Californians - more than Twitter,
Google, Facebook and Apple combined” says Australian Danny Kennedy,
co-founder of Sungevity in California.

Go to www.abc.net.au/foreign/content/2015/ to see full program

Grace & Peace

John Telford