[Oe List ...] You are invited to participate in an online study/conversation focused on Laudato Si, Pope Francis's encyclical related to our changing global reality

James Wiegel via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Nov 9 14:02:17 PST 2015

Back on May 24 (my 70th birthday), Pope Francis issued a letter (240 + paragraphs) not only to the 1.5 billion members of the organization he heads, but also to the rest of us, asking us to consider the situation on our planet, and what we bring and what we can do.  In skimming through the text, I really like the tone and the inclusiveness of it.  Who would think of writing something about climate change and using the word "Praise" in the title?
Ellen Howie, Steve Harrington and I are organizing this study / conversation.  Won't you join us?  We are planning a getting started session either THIS WEDNESDAY or NEXT MONDAY.

Join us if you can.  Just follow this link An online conversation -- Laudato Si (Praise Be) Survey

|   |
|   |   |   |   |   |
| An online conversation -- Laudato Si (Praise Be) SurveyWeb survey powered by SurveyMonkey.com. Create your own online survey now with SurveyMonkey's expert certified FREE templates. |
|  |
| View on www.surveymonkey.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

Want to invite a friend or colleague?  Forward this email
Need more detail?  Continue reading
APPROACH TO THE STUDYInviting folks from any or all of the following groups1.  alive today and interested in what is going on here on Earth2.  associated with Institutes of Cultural Affairs around the world, present and past3.  practicing and using ToP methods as facilitators, trainers or champions4.  friends and associates of any of us -- Ellen, Jim, Steve, or YOU
Organize the time from now to the end of 2015 to go through the encyclical.  There are 6 chapters, plus a beginniing introduction and a couple of prayers and notes at the end.  We are suggesting the following:Focus one week on each chapter, perhaps with an online session of an hour to an hour and a half, either on Free Conference Call, Google Hangouts or Skype.  One or two of us would take each chapter (a partner would make it more interesting)Whoever was doing the chapter would     go through it and create and share online a visual image of what is being said along with some guiding questions for a conversation or dialogue or charting/study of that chapter    guide the online session
    perhaps also be available a couple of times during "their" week via email or twitter or phone for questions, conversations, tweeting, etc.

We are working on the technology end:  way to hold the weekly dialogues, share collaborative documents, keep in contact, welcome broader participation
Simple visuals, lively questions, collegial dialogue.  Join us.
Praise be!

Jim Wiegel
“If you want an adventure . . . what a time to be alive!”. Joanna Macy
401 North Beverly Way,Tolleson, Arizona 85353623-363-3277jfwiegel at yahoo.comwww.partnersinparticipation.com
Upcoming ToP training opportunities in Arizona
More info on:
ToP® Facilitation Methods ToP® Strategic Planning: Mastering the Technology of Participation
Register on line / see the ToP National ScheduleAICP Planners: 14.5 CM for all ToP® courses
The AZ ToP® Community of Practice meets the 1st Friday, of every month, 1-4 pm, at ACYR, 648 N. 5th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85003