[Oe List ...] New Chronology of Imaginal Education for a New Website

Marilyn Crocker via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Tue Jul 7 14:23:10 PDT 2015

Hi Steve,

A powerful early application was the Summer ’66 Teachers Cadre curriculum, if you can find a copy.  Many of us – Jim Campbell, Marilyn Miller Oyler, Ann Harrison Avery, Kay Ent Lush, Jeanette Marks Stanfield, Robertson Work, Gordon Harper and I  – became committed to IE and returned to our respective school situations to launch what we then called “image explosions” in our classrooms each day.  Our gifted pedagogues were Lidona Wagner (then, Donna McCleskey), Pat Scott and Sue Burdick.  Most of our cohort ended up as members of the OE.

A second application you might investigate is the work K. Elise Packard did with teachers in Atlanta – called the Kaleidoscope of Learning (or something like that) back in the 80s (?).

A third is the curriculum of the Changemasters’ Guild (1983-86-ish), launched by 5 geographically scattered permeators, and which was the precursor to and catalyst for the International Association of Facilitators.

A fourth are the curricula of the Student House, a complementary, residential, middle school education program, whose rather amazing and committed staff include so many whose memories and files could provide grist.  May I suggest Charles Allen Lingo, Mike May, Marie Sharp, Elise and George Packard, Dierdre Dowsett, Tim Karpoff, Teresa Lingafelter as resources.

A fifth are the curricula of the many EG Summer Camps that our staff developed and implemented year after year (our kids attended from age 3 – age 13).  There were comparable IE grounded summer camps offered in Australia, one of which Ann Duffy and I led in 1971.  Likely the “files” of these would be difficult to gather, but you could do interviews to learn about the conceptual frameworks.

And finally, the groundbreaking work on the Image Shift course, developed by K. Elise Packard et. al.

Hope this helps your important project.

Cheers,

Marilyn

Marilyn Crocker, Ed D