[Oe List ...] JK Rowling takes on Rupert Murdock

SteveHar via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sun Jan 11 17:05:13 PST 2015

JK Rowling, author of the Harry Potter books, has condemned and mocked the tweet from Rupert Murdoch which insisted that even peaceful Muslims must bear responsibilities for jihadi attacks. “I was born Christian. If that makes Rupert Murdoch my responsibility, I’ll auto-excommunicate,” she tweeted on Sunday...

In follow-up tweets, Rowling cited a recent study suggesting that eight times as many Muslims as non-Muslims had died in terrorist attacks. She also praised “the courage and compassionate actions” of Lassana Bathily, the Muslim employee of the kosher supermarket that was the target of the second siege in Paris, who hid Jewish customers from the gunman by leading them to a basement chiller room.

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/jan/11/jk-rowling-condemns-murdoch-tweet-charlie-hebdo-harry-potter-news-corp-muslims-christian

Message from:  Steve
Skype:  consultharrington
Social Media: LinkedIn, FaceBook, Google + Hangouts