[Oe List ...] Imaginal Ed

Jaime R Vergara via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sat Dec 12 20:45:08 PST 2015

Steve got us thinking of IE.  Here is a description of my current practice.

Desmond Avery, while playing Dean at the Academy, once saidat a staff meeting that he did not come to the Order through the RS-1 as he wasaddressed by the wisdom of Imaginal Education.

My take on the matter begins with the "image"through Kenneth Boulding that allowed us to say five sentences: a) everyoneoperates out of images, b) images determine behavior, c) images can change, d)change of image changes behavior, e) change behavior and change history.

Cute and bold statements but if one wanted to changehistory, one pays attention to how images are created.

There are three images I use in my class: self-image, socialimage, and planetary image.

Before abstracting the self-image into the O-R-I-D arrows, Idraw a person's head and identify the three major regions of the brain thatprocess, a) sense (medulla oblongata), b) emotions (cerebellum), c) cognition(cortex/cerebrum), and d) action (the will of the whole body).

After using the visual and graphic image for two sessions, Ithen add that I will abstract it in four bold lines (the senses), with a first arrow(feelings), and a second arrow (thoughts and ideas), enclose the lines and arrowsin a rectangle, and draw the final arrow outside as deed.  The four bold lines become the "O"(objective), the first arrow the "R" (reflective), the second arrowthe "I" (interpretive), and the last arrow on therectangle-encapsulated bold lines with two arrows is the "D"(decisional).

The understanding is that the four steps are common toeveryone, and that we all begin with the senses before feelings that proceed tothoughts and results in action.

The social image is the social process of economic,economic, and cultural dynamics.

In a pedagogy of University teachers at the ShenyangAerospace University, pointing to the "symbol" at the top of theSocial Process triangle, I pulled out a sheet of 6 Ur images plus one, thecontemporary earthrise consciousness that uses the rainbow coalition of Hawaiias the master image.  I alsoaccented  the preoccupation of the Om onthe unity of existence, the Yin-Yang asunity in duality that builds in the pivot point of contradiction, the Social Process triangle asunity in trinity (thesis-antithesis-synthesis), and the 4x4 as thinking infour.  I then joke on penta-thinking asadvanced; that is why the Pentagon is always ahead of everyone!

However we use, market, or title imaginal education, itbegins with the assumption that everyone operates out of images, and that thebrain creates those images through the natural categories of how people learn(we use four; five or six or more to mathematical thinkers), the rationale ofour 4x4.

Planetary image is just the blue orb of NASA's 1968lunarscape earthrise.

Other than the reality of climate, ocean waves and land terrain, is anyone working on this?

Jaime R Vergara
Saipan and Shenyang

wangzhimu2031
earthrise consciousness, a gift; earthbound commitment, my choice
yesterday, appreciate; tomorrow, anticipate; today, participate! in all, celebrate!