[Oe List ...] Racial prejudice a "reality and tragedy"

via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sat Apr 18 15:43:34 PDT 2015

Racism explained by a good ol' Southern boy

 Curator: Matt Orr

He's got some things to say..

When a self-proclaimed "white redneck" starts a video with "white people are racists," it's hard not to listen.
Sitting in his Ford F-150 truck, he spends five minutes delivering a whole bunch of great thoughts about — you guessed it — racism.

 "Not all white people are racist, but white culture is. Our white country is. Our American culture is full of white supremacy. We live in a white supremacist culture that caters to white people."
Wow. If you can listen to this video, start it below because it's spot-on and full of powerfully delivered quotes like that. Or if you're more in the mood for highlights, check them out below.

(Warning: lots of NSFW language, somehow appropriately used.

He delivers his opinions in one of the most accessible ways I've ever heard.
He doesn't just talk about white privilege; he lays out a bunch of ways for white folks to start truly being a part of change. Here are some of his better quotes.
Recognize that everything's white-washed.
 "This country was built for white people, and it's time white Americans come to terms with that and realize that we are benefiting from it."

Don't be defensive. Don't rationalize it away. Don't be indifferent.
 Stop being defensive. I'm saying take some fucking responsibility. All people are equal. God made us that way.

Take responsibility and speak up.

 I'm not talking about all white people being bad, but speak up and don't ever ignore racism. It's the inaction that's always destroyed other people and other nations.
No one wants to be racist, and recognizing that the system is not set up for people of color is our first step toward fixing the problem. The bottom line: We are empowered. Let's make change together.
 "Let's do something about it. Let's speak up. Let's vote. Let's create legislation and policies that fight against this shit. Let's make things fair and equal. Let's take some responsibility and never ever, ever ignore any form of racism that you see or experience or witness. Always speak up and act up. Please. Thank you."

Unfortunately, the opinion was staged by an actor.  Oh, well ....

j'aime la vie
yesterday, appreciate; tomorrow, anticipate; today, participate! in all, celebrate!