[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA Sept. 16

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Tue Sep 23 16:32:39 PDT 2014

*TUE SEP 16*  *Elkhart Mennonite College, Goshen, to Shipshewana, IN*

The route today was along Pumpkinvine Trail. There were places where the
trail was interrupted by public roads. But it was easy to bridge from one
trail interruption to another. There were many trees providing much shade.
And fog covered the sky, which made the ride a little chilly. When I
arrived at Shipshewana, Faith informed me that I was the first Marcher to
be ‘Adopted’. Adoption is another one of our fundraising activities. And
Joan Wallace was the one who adopted me.  She was in the Rochester House
with us in 1970. She was also the one who made my Omaha visit so memorable.
Adoption means that I get some massages from my travel companions!

In Shipshewana I scouted out the campsite and then went to the Flea Market.
When I packed for the March I used 2 large bags: one for clothes, and one
for camping equipment. In anticipation of our trip to NYC I needed a travel
bag that I could put on the bus and/or the subway. I found one and
purchased it. Then I came back to the campsite and journaled. When Izzy
arrived we set up the Taj Mahal. It had been a long time since we put it
up. There was a camp meeting at 4:30pm. It went until dinner was ready. We
interrupted the meeting, served ourselves, and then continued the meeting.
A good deal of the meeting had to do with the NYC trip. It seems there are
still many details to ‘iron-out’. The meeting lasted until 8pm. It was dark
and chilly when we went to bed.

--
Peace, David