[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA 9/14

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Sep 22 17:13:09 PDT 2014

*SUN SEP 14* *Good Shepherd Montessori School, South Bend to Unitarian
Universalist Church, Elkhart, IN*

I went to breakfast and had my yogurt and granola—I miss my own home-made,
sun-dried granola. One of the things the March has added to my diet is
almonds. There is almond milk at breakfast, and almond butter for lunch
sandwiches. Somewhere I remember hearing/reading that almonds are good for
you HDLs. I don’t know what my HDL is now but I remember the last test I
had showed it as 35: that’s marginal. I usually have 2 checkups a year. I
had one in February. I’ll have one when I get back to Carson.  Circle-up
was scheduled for 7:15am. It still hadn’t happened by 7:45am so I left on
my bike. I found the March route more complicated then necessary and took
Jefferson Blvd east until I reached Elkhart. Then I stopped and inquired at
a MacDonald's about the best route to the church.

The church was graciously hospitable. I arrived just after the morning
service had been completed. They offered me coffee or tea. A small group
gathered to go out for lunch. They invited me to go with them. I thanked
them and declined indicating I'd packed my lunch. In the afternoon the
pastor let us use her office and her computer. There were two places inside
where we were allowed to stay: the auditorium and the Kids House. I chose
the latter. A greet and welcome get-together was scheduled at 4pm. Kat
conducted the conversation. There were probably as many local residents as
there were Marchers. She had a series of questions and circled around the
group encouraging everyone to answer the questions. The closing question
was “What can you do to help turn the Climate Crisis around?”.  There were
a lot of interesting answers.  At 6pm a potluck dinner was served in the
kitchen. Most of the dishes were brought in by the local residents. At 8pm
we called it an evening.
--
Peace, David