[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA Update Sept. 3

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sat Sep 13 19:00:15 PDT 2014

*WED SEP  03*  *Northern Illinois University in DeKalb to Organic Farm
outside of Elburn, IL*

 At Circle-up Ed announced that the March would celebrate my birthday at
tonight  instead of tomorrow. After Circle-up there was a 10 minute wait
for Marchers to get themselves together. I didn’t see the directions for
the March so I took Hwy 38 to Elburn, where we would stay Shelly Mulins’
Organic Farm. I checked my phone several times and couldn’t find the
directions. When I reached Elburn I went to McDonalds so I could hook my
phone to WiFi. I met Doug there. He was driving the Gear Truck and was also
looking for directions.

 We got directions and went on to the Farm. The chicken house was open and
the chickens were wandering around the farm. There was a big barn and at
least an acre of organic vegetable garden. The barn had three horse stalls,
a pool table, and all kinds of children’s equipment—skateboards, scooters,
bicycles, etc.  We used the entrance and the pool table space for cooking
and camp meetings. The haymow had an entrance off the side of the hill. It
was like the barn in the Loess Hills where I learned to dance when I was
growing up. The haymow was inviting because it was under the roof. I put my
sleeping gear out in the haymow. I had to watch for bat droppings - didn’t
want to get ‘rained-on’ by bats! There was an all-camp meeting before
dinner. Ed made sure we had fish for dinner and called it my birthday
dinner. He suggested we should “Thank God for Cod”. The meal was delicious.