[Oe List ...] Karen Armstrong's new book. Can someone show her the social process triangles?

George Holcombe via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Nov 24 08:43:34 PST 2014

I’m never sure I’m responding to actually what is being said, but my take is that the Social Process Triangles and Armstrong is about the oneness of all and the struggle to talk about it in a way we experience reality.  I do not think of E-P-C separate but a part of a single dynamic we call life. Much like the Christian doctrine of the Trinity, each entity has its’ own energy, but not separate from the others.  I also like the Yin-Yang which depicts that the opposites are also part of each other and is about balance.  We have spoken about imbalance, and I certainly experience that.  It is that which creates movement.  The economic over-emphasis which has been in place for sometime leads us to all kinds of acts toward rebalancing or balancing, which in actuality never happens.  It might indicate death or stasis. Karen Armstrong, for me, is correct in pointing to terrorism when identified within one category may have more of its strengths, causes and implications in a different one. Certainly if we want to deal with terrorism to lessen it, the greater part will not be treated by changing religion or a religion.  Economics and politics have perhaps the larger role.

George Holcombe
14900 Yellowleaf Tr.
Austin, TX 78728
Mobile 512/252-2756
geowanda1 at me.com

"Whatever the problem, community is the answer.  There is no power greater than a community discovering what it cares about."  Margaret Wheatley