[Oe List ...] All Saints Reflections

Lynda Cock via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Wed Nov 5 06:51:20 PST 2014

Thank you, Doris, for getting this reflection started.  In the category of
parents, I want to lift up the Mother of Leah Early, Dorothea Miller, who
also died this year.  In one of those strange coincidences of time and
place, before we ever knew the Earlys, we had met the Millers in my parents¹
church in Cleveland, TN.  Later, Mr. Miller¹s work took them to Galax, Va,
John¹s hometown, where they were in the same church as the Cock¹s.  When we
returned to live in Galax in 1984, we met them again and enjoyed several
years friendship with them there, plus getting to see the Earlys when they
visited on holidays.  In addition to giving us Leah, she was a dear friend
to us and a spirit woman in her own right.

At this season of gratitude and remembrance, I lift up all our parents who
set us upon our journeys and gave us wings (sometimes reluctantly) and lots
of financial support to enable us to follow our own paths.

Gratefully,  Lynda Cock