[Oe List ...] Salmon: Methodist News

William Salmon wsalmon at cox.net
Sat Mar 15 12:52:21 PDT 2014

Dear All--
    Not only are the Times a'chang'in, they've been changed for 30 years or more. Some institutions--like the UMC--are stuck in the past and don't know they've changed; awakening is hard to do.
    I still love her, although she is a whore, she's my mother: honored my birth, planted a surrendered faith in my innards, called me to vocation, honored my wife and family; educated me; allowed the freedom to minister where I felt the most useful and meaning-filled; it will honor my final passing.
    How I yearn for her renewal, and I dedicated my Ordered Existence to provide models that are replicabable and allow the freedom of the Holy Spirit to retool communities to work for justice and mercy.
    That Day is Coming. I'll not live to see it, but That Day is Coming.
    When it does, this old Mother-of-Mine will be newly-clothed with the purpose to call the Universe to live in right-relationships with each other and with all things.
    Structure is needed to function dynamically to rebuild a humane community; the latent structure exists.
    Those who use this structure are those born after 1985; the rest of us need to get out of the way--I'm hurrying as fast as I'm allowed.
    Inner Peace,
    Bill