[Oe List ...] Methodist news

W. J. synergi at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 15 01:10:04 PDT 2014

This article may be of interest to those of you who retain a residual interest in United Methodism, as I do on occasion.
For those interested in the power dynamics recently in play, I even went so far as to pen an extended commentary on the article (written by a Lutheran lawyer who may have a historical perspective, but who is definitely not a Methodist 'insider'). It's at the bottom of the web page.
Update: retired Bishop Talbert has just been formally charged in the Western Jurisdiction today.
Marshall
http://www.religiondispatches.org/archive/sexandgender/7678/methodists_make_history__or__an_argument_for_ecclesiastical_disobedience/