[Oe List ...] Jaime for Monday ST

John Cock via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Fri Jun 6 04:07:45 PDT 2014

Preach, bro!!
John P. Cock
      Google or Google+ : www.reJourney.blogspot.com
<http://www.rejourney.blogspot.com/>

From:  via OE <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net>
Date:  Friday, June 6, 2014 at 6:43 AM
To:  <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net>
Subject:  [Oe List ...] Jaime for Monday ST

Whit Monday recalls Ascension in Calgary

Am not interested in acquainting readers to old English, nor running a
catechetical lesson on Pentecost Monday, fifty days after Easter and ten
days after Ascension Sunday, but Lola Andang still beads her rosary in
earnest and in case the renegade Christians in our readership wonder, this
is the first day the mighty friendly ghost Casper appears solo in the
liturgical calendar!

Christian traditions observe the day of the a sanctified Casper(the Holy
Spirit in the old lingo) being given to the followers of Jesus at Pentecost.
If Jesus Christ ascended into heaven, the third party in the triune godhead
descended on Pentecost.  Whit Monday is the day after, usually a time to
baptize new congregants to a Christian covenant.

OK.  To the infidel unschooled in the finer points of the triune godhead,
Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are not three separate persons.  ³Persona² is
³face² in Chinese, ³mask² in Greek, so all three are the same dynamic,
process, and substance, though experienced differently.  Thus, in religious
parlance, it is not the godheads¹ nature that is at stake but rather the
story of our experience.  Father as creator is affirmed to be trustworthy.
The Way-Life-Is, all of it, is good. Son is the acceptance of one¹s
uniqueness and unrepeatability, best lived not in the anxiety of being saved
but by being expended to the hilt, even unto death.  Holy Spirit is the
future widely open and free.  One only has to decide.  Alleluia!

We will leave Lola Andang with her beads and her devotion to Mary full of
grace.  Our concern is the experience of awe and the awesome, enough to join
a covenant of the awed ones.   This is the instinct, intuition, intellect
and intention of the ones who don the ³white² (thus, the ³whit²) shirt or
blouse at Pentecost to fellowship under the aegis of the Son (ze child, male
or female, capable of playing the Christ-role), the one who confronts us
with our propensity to wait for a Messiah to extricate us from any
predicament we are afraid to be in ­ whether it be a broken heart or an
empty pocket book ­ and declares that no Messiah is coming.  Ze brings that
as good news now and evermore!

When I wrote that 2031 is my metaphor of ³completed life², one of our
readers replied that she did not worry about her death since God will take
her away when he (sic) pleases, and I should not worry about mine, either.
We obviously did not make our point clear. The issue is the living of one¹s
life, not having a ³bahala na/bathala na² stance favored by many of my Malay
compatriots who would rather leave the deciding to the fickle finger of
fate.

Aye, there¹s the rub.  My Bathala says, ³Yo, why don¹t you just take that
life of yours, and walk!  You are free!²  Some calling themselves disciples,
decide to keep a wake, a solemn but despair laden one, on the waiting.
Sometimes, some walk their glory into the annals of human history!

My 2031-year metaphor is a statistical probability number.  It does not mean
that by 12.15.2031, the aorta will cease supplying oxygenated blood into my
circulatory system.  It could very well do that before then.  Or, still do a
few laps on the left ventricle of the heart down to the backbone past the
appointed hour.

To be a white shirt on Whit Monday is to understand that life as it is given
can be received in its entirety as trustworthy and know so it in one¹s
bones!  The self we see reflected in the mirror is exactly the significant
person sufficient to intrude on others who have yet to find courage to be,
and just keep doing it! And the unknown tomorrow, often the cause of
foreboding and fear, is actually open, neither determined nor encumbered.
One can decide to just be exactly the way one is, just be it!

I attended a multicultural party at the Ascension parish in Calgary, Canada
the day before Ascension Sunday.  Fr. Abbie from Goa in India (tried my
Portuguese ³tudo bem² I picked up in Brazil after the Mass but it did not
register) was a live wire from the opening of the program until he had to
leave for a funeral, and then, to the 5 pm Mass.  He acknowledged the
presence of a Methodist and Presbyterian in his audience, and we cruised
along as he webbed his way from Christian metaphors to the reality of his
diversely multicultural audience.

Whit Monday celebrants know the covenant group they joined.  Major ancient
religions have so many splinter groups but the Sunni/Shia divide in Islam is
a walk in the park compared to the various combatants in Christianity¹s
interior castle.  My point of accountability is in the metaphor of the ³Holy
Spirit².  Does my covenant group see life as open and free, urging us to be
innovative and creative all we want in the expenditure of our lives?

The voices that surround us are many, and the lifestyles they recommend are
varied.  To be pentecostal is more than being tongue-quick with ³Praise the
Lord², or sincere in raising one¹s arms upward to urge the Holy Spirit to
come.  To be pentecostal is to be fearless and free.  Period.  One already
has cosmic permission from the Holiest of Holy TO BE.

For the new white shirts of Whit Monday, live well!

j'aime la vie
pinoypanda2031 at aol.com
yesterday, appreciate; tomorrow, anticipate; today. participate. In all,
celebrate!
OE at lists.wedgeblade.net