[Oe List ...] GMCA June 23-24

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sat Jun 28 13:56:26 PDT 2014

*MON Jun 23*

This morning I did my assignments and left at 7:30 to visit a dentist.  I
wanted an assessment on  my molar transplant that has come loose.  He
looked at the x-ray, took a tweezers, and pulled it out.  He suggested that
I wait some time before I decide what to do next.  In the meantime I need
to rinse my mouth when I brush teeth so that nothing sticks in the implant
pit. He said that some people have difficulty with implants and suggested
that I might consider a bridge.

It was scheduled to be a 19-mile ride.today; I got on my bike about 9.  I
was behind most of the Marchers but caught up with them eventually.  On the
roadside shoulder there were piles of snow.  I suspect it was hail that
accumulated and looked like snow. I went through Brush, CO about 10 miles.
 At the 13- mile point the commode truck driver stopped me and said that we
were going to camp at  Brush City Park because of weather conditions.  So I
rode back to Brush (15 mile ride).

When Lin called she reminded me that Bruv Ravnsborg had lived in Brush
before he died in an airplane crash.  I was unable to get a hold of his
sister to see if any of his children lived in this town.  It was
dinnertime, and immediately after dinner the thunderstorm started.  It
lasted for about 1 ½ hours.  Luckily the City Park had a dining hall that
we could get inside. We had a community meeting for 1 ½ hours.  It was
still raining when the meeting was over. We shut the lights off and went to
bed.  Most of us slept inside on the floor.

*TUE Jun 24*

It took awhile to straighten up the hall that we'd slept in. Breakfast was
served outside under the shelter roof. There were puddles of water in the
driveway and parking lot.  Ethan finally got tired of driving the Gear
truck and has left for awhile.  Since we had camped short of yesterday’s
route, and were planning to keep the original schedule today, it would be
at least a 22 mile bike ride, so I volunteered to drive the Gear truck.

We camped at the high school in Akron, CO. We were given permission to
sleep in the gym because bad weather was predicted. I got my gear out and
placed it in the gym. I found a café in town that had WiFi and did some
journaling. At 3:30 PM I took a shower in the boys locker room.

At 4 there was a meeting to get out our expectations about what the March
should accomplish and how it should affect society.  We were asked to
create a statement in advance. People read their statements and the rest of
the group commented on the reading.  I had a list of actions we need to
take in order to change our Consume-and-Throw-Away culture. Dinner was
ready before we had a chance to get all of the statements read.  I handed
mine in to the chairperson.  We had dinner and were able to sit outside.
After dinner I went to bed.

--
Peace, David