[Oe List ...] Charles Moore Memorial Service

George Holcombe via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Jul 14 12:50:45 PDT 2014

We gathered Saturday, April 12 at 2:00 at Faith Presbyterian in Austin.  The service, which lasted an hour and a half, featured many individuals who knew Charles over the years, mainly in the last 20 or so years.  I quoted from several of your posts in my witness about Charles.  We learned that Charles had been interviewed by 60 Minutes in the 90’s over the death penalty and given the Ghandi award by the Austin Chronicle.  Pat was there with Guy and Steve, as was Barbara his present wife.  Unfortunately Pat and Steve had to go immediately following the service and we did not get to talk with them for long.  We did get to do a little catching up with Guy.  Your colleagues representing you were Tim and Susan Wegner, who drove up from Houston, Mary Hampton, Sarah Buss, Terrance and Diann, who came up from San Marcos, Steve Bryant and his wife from Nashville, and Wanda and myself.

Picture below does not include Sarah Buss or Steve Bryant who left earlier from the reception following the service.  There is 4 page pdf of the bulletin below.

George Holcombe
14900 Yellowleaf Tr.
Austin, TX 78728
Mobile 512/252-2756
geowanda1 at me.com

"Whatever the problem, community is the answer.  There is no power greater than a community discovering what it cares about."  Margaret Wheatley