[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA July 8

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Mon Jul 14 14:22:04 PDT 2014

*TUE Jul 08*

I got up at 4 AM. The Marchers wanted to get on the March at sunrise so
they could finish the March before it got too hot. We circled up and got
out by 6:15 Am! We traveled east on Hwy 34 to a farmer’s field. It didn’t
look like it was used for crop or pasture. The gear truck was driven into
Holdrege to get a checkup. The report was that the carburetor had been
malfunctioning because of high altitudes. So there’s nothing wrong with it.
I set up the big tent so it would have afternoon shade. There was an
afternoon meeting with Ed. My observation is that he’s been detached from
the March for the last month. He and Steve used to walk together. They
usually left before breakfast and Marched all by themselves.

Steve left the March and indicated that he plans to March to NYC for the
People’s Climate March meeting Sept. 20-21.  Once Steve left Ed continued
the early March but he did it all by himself.  For at least a month he was
in camp late and out of camp early.  It seemed that he was absent. In
Holbrook he sat in on a camp meeting.  It’s the one the musicians missed.
He was in camp in the afternoon and attended a meeting about finances which
was held in the big tent.

The kitchen truck had a box of 30 ears of sweet corn that had been donated
to us.  The corn just sat in the box. I got the solar ovens out and put 5
ears, husk and all, in each oven. At dinnertime a few ate corn on the cob,
but most of it was still there after dinner.  The band was practicing our
numbers but I had to strip the kernels off the cobs because no one else was
tending to the corn.  By the time I got the corn done the band quit
practicing.  I went to bed because it would be another early morning.

Peace, David