[Oe List ...] Fwd: GMCA July 7

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Sun Jul 13 21:47:01 PDT 2014

*MON Jul 07*

The Marchers wanted to get on the March at sunrise so they could finish the
March before it got too hot. We circled up and got out by 6:15 AM!  Mack
had been riding John J’s bike around camp so I had difficulty keeping my
equipment on it. Since I’d adjusted the seat on my bike I decided to try it
out. That gave Izzy a chance to ride John J’s bike. We left Bartley, NE at
sunrise—6:15AM. I stopped for cocoa in Cambridge, NE, and got to Holbrook
City Park at 10 AM, a 17 mi. ride.  Holbrook had a city park right next to
Hwy 34.  It was a town of 1000 people but it only had one restaurant.  Izzy
made arrangements for us to play at 8 PM.  Dinner wasn’t on time so we had
a late dinner.  After dinner there was a camp meeting scheduled. The Gypsy
Band had to change its schedule to 8:30 and skip the camp meeting. Ed was
present at the meeting so we missed what he said. They got along without us
and apparently we didn’t miss much.

There were several men at the restaurant/bar—but there was no one there for
a meal.  It was, once again, a good time to practice.  We got back to camp
about 9:30. I went to bed because I’m on breakfast prep again at 4 AM.

--
Peace, David