[Oe List ...] Fwd: JUL 06

David Zahrt via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Thu Jul 10 15:45:01 PDT 2014

Dear Climate March Colleagues,

SUN Jul 06

I got up late—4:20am. The group had decided at yesterday evening’s meeting
that Sunday morning would be a morning of silence. After things were put
away some of the Marchers went to the RR station to protest the hauling of
petroleum products in tankers. When they returned Izzy said he was riding a
bike today. So we set off together. I rode John J’s bicycle again. The seat
on an upright bike is quite a bit different. Izzy and I rode 11 miles and
stopped at Indianola, NE expecting that it had WiFi and John A, driving the
kitchen truck, would bring our computers. He went right on by. I went on to
Bartley, NE, another 5 mi. The food truck was at the community park, but
the cab was locked. Eventually John J arrived in the Gear truck. He
discovered that John A was in the Community Center across the street from
the park. I got the key, got the computer, and went to the Community Center
to do some journaling.

It was nice being in the Community Center because it was air-conditioned.
The temperature outside was about 90º. We had permission to sleep in the
Community Center so I brought my sleeping gear in. I opened up the big tent
that got wet last night from the sprinkler and spread it out to dry. I also
adjusted the seat on my bike. I raised the back so it was straighter up and
down. I also put a cushion on the bottom seat. Hopefully that will force me
to sit upright and keep my tailbone off from the bottom of the seat.

There was no camp conversation before, during, or after dinner. Izzy
arranged for the Gypsy Band to play at the American Legion Hall just down
the street. I took my bass and amp down to play with them. We were the only
ones there: no Marchers; no residents from the town. It gave us a good time
to practice. The band affirmed the contribution the bass is making to the
band. I need to have paper copies of everything we play with the chords
marked so I can practice. We finished about 9 PM.

Peace, David