[Oe List ...] Fwd: Celebrate National Hugging Day today

Ken Fisher hkf232 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 08:31:05 PST 2014

James,

Great posting.  Here's to being in our bodies, rather than simply in our heads.

Hugs (lasting 20 seconds or more...)

Ken

Begin forwarded message:

From: James Wiegel <jfwiegel at yahoo.com>
Date: January 21, 2014 11:28:35 AM EST
To: Order Ecumenical Community <oe at lists.wedgeblade.net>
Subject: [Oe List ...] Celebrate National Hugging Day today

"The average length of a hug between two people is 3 seconds, but researchers have discovered something fantastic. When a hug lasts 20 seconds, there is a therapeutic effect on the body and mind.

The reason is that a sincere hug produces a hormone called "oxytocin", also known as the love hormone. This substance has many benefits in our physical and mental health, helps us, among other things, to relax, to feel safe and calm our fears and anxiety.