[Oe List ...] Celebrate National Hugging Day today

James Wiegel jfwiegel at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 21 08:28:35 PST 2014

"The average length of a hug between two people is 3 seconds, but researchers have discovered something fantastic. When a hug lasts 20 seconds, there is a therapeutic effect on the body and mind.

The reason is that a sincere hug produces a hormone called "oxytocin", also known as the love hormone. This substance has many benefits in our physical and mental health, helps us, among other things, to relax, to feel safe and calm our fears and anxiety.