[Oe List ...] [Dialogue] Transition Announcement

James Wiegel via OE oe at lists.wedgeblade.net
Tue Aug 5 03:58:45 PDT 2014

What a sweet word to arrive in the early morning.   And a great story, Terry.  We had a chance to visit with David Zahrt as the climate march came through Arizona.  He talked about always wanting to do something about what was going on in the world and being frustrated how to move.  He said, when he got to Chicago, to the Institutes, he found a structure to work in.  Several of us have been studying a book, REINVENTING ORGANIZATIONS, that paints a picture, based on examples from different places in the world, of how an organization / institution might be STRUCTURED (even legally) to carry out similar values and insights to those you mentioned.  The lines below emphasize your concern for the institution . .
For thousands and thousands of years, people have lived on the brink of famine and in fear of plagues, always at the mercy of a drought or a simple flu. Then suddenly, almost out of nowhere, modernity has  brought us unprecedented wealth and life expectancy in the last two centuries. And all this extraordinary progress has come not from individuals acting alone, but from people collaborating in organizations.

 Wiegel

I feel sorry for people who don't have dogs.  I hear they have to pick up their own food if they drop it on the floor.   (Found on Facebook)

James F. Wiegel

401 North Beverly Way, Tolleson, Arizona 85353
Tel. 011-623-936-8671 or 011-623-363-3277
jfwiegel at yahoo.com
www.partnersinparticipation.com

Upcoming public course opportunities:
ToP® Facilitation Methods:    Sep 9-10, Nov 18-19, 2014 Click to watch video.
ToP® Strategic Planning:  Oct 7-8, 2014 Click to learn more.
Facilitation Mastery: The Mastering the Technology of Participation program begins in Oakland on Nov 12-14, 2014 Click to watch video.
For online registration go to http://www.top-training.net
The AZ ToP® Community of Practice meets the 1st Friday, 1-4 pm, starting again on Sept 5th at ACYR, 648 N. 5th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85003
AICP Planners: 14.5 CM for all ToP® courses