[Oe List ...] Walter Epley and Jim Slotta have completed Walt's relocation to Iowa

Jim Slotta jslotta at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 16 10:08:01 PDT 2013

Hi, everyone-

Some of you are getting this because you are (my) family and close
friends, interested in (my) comings and goings; others are getting
this because you are anticipating an update about (our) good friend
and ICA Colleague, Walter Epley.

A Trailways Bus from Iowa deposited me in Denver this morning, having
avoided flooded roads and damaged bridges in Colorado. The week-plus-
long maneuver to help Walter Epley relocate back to his family farm in
Iowa, including necessary packing*, loading*, moving by truck/trailer,
unloading*, and returning (me) was hard but well-planned and went
smoothly.

* Many of Walt's family, as well as ICA Colleagues, participated in
the packing, loading, and unloading portions of this very focused
effort. Kudos to all.

Walt is fortunate to have such an embracing nuclear and extended
family. The 220-some acre family homestead is now his home again. He
resides in a quaint 2-story cabin on the farm, owned by Walt's brother
Steve Epley & Steve's wife Kathy, and located some quarter-mile from
the home of Walt's sister Kaylene (Epley) Neal & husband Dick Neal.
His contact information, which will no doubt be shared more widely by
Walter in due time, is:

Walter Epley
20255 Vail Avenue
Clarksville, Iowa 50619
303-842-0265 (cell)
wfepley at yahoo.com

Those of you who know Walter will want to send along to him your good
wishes for the beginning of a new life in a familiar place. Postal
address, cell phone number (call/text), and email address should all
work well for contacting Walter.

It felt good to be on the road again, and it feels good to be back
home again!

Jim Slotta the elder