[Oe List ...] Pope Francis

Janice Ulangca aulangca at stny.rr.com
Tue May 7 20:23:08 PDT 2013

And I agree with everybody - first, with Jaime - then with all who have commented.  What!  How can that be!

Part of me says " Oh, that was funny - good on you, Jaime.  And good you recognize that it's on an edge ...  not necessarily good for everyone."  The truth in it about the new Pope is that he has  done startling things - like kissing the feet of women at the footwashing ceremony ...   So a mischeivous person could make a joke that would allow him to be even more daring - and maybe he will be someday.

But then part of me says, "Gee, I'm glad that colleagues are sensitive to people who've been made fun of and demeaned in so many ways -  we all need that awareness ..."

Thanks to all.
Janice Ulangca