[Oe List ...] Salmon: "Harvest Time" ETC.

William Salmon wsalmon at cox.net
Sat Mar 2 10:59:31 PST 2013

Colleagues:
    The other day while searching on the web, I came across the name of "Brother Van." You will remember he is the author of the song, "Harvest Time." Do a search for "Harvest Time." I had to down load a "Scorch" process to get a FREE COPY. The words and music are exactly as we sang it.

    Since mid-November, I've been serving as an interim pastor in a near-by village; the pastor is very ill. We made the decision to do a Lenten series on the topic of the Book of Revelation; something I've never done and did not look forward to ever doing it. So far it is a good deep push for me intellectually and spiritually. I made the decision to use "The Way Life Is" (ontological) metaphor to replace the supernatural (Greek) two-story metaphor. It works wonderfully well, and people are finding the message of Revelation is refreshing.
    Last night, I read again, Joe Matthew's first talk on the Other World in, "Bending History." I was pleased that over all these years, my theology is so heavily indebted to our common history.

    Should this approach to view the Book of Revelation intrigue you, send me an email at wsalmon at cox.net, and I will send you a copy for your reading and dialogue with me.

    My third book is now published, "One Mission--Two Objectives: Bible Studies in the Gospel of Mark." Information is available at Amazon.com under the title. Or go to Resurgence Publishing--Walters is my publisher of choice.
  a.. This book--at $17.50--is available from me at $15.00 and I'll pay the postage.
  b.. All three books ("Decoding our Old Code Words," "The Making of a Teacher: Bible studies in the Gospel of Matthew," and "One Mission--") is available for $40.00, and I'll still pay the postage.
Inner Peace,
Bill Salmon