[Oe List ...] Fwd: OpEd Wednesday

R Williams rcwmbw at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 3 08:48:09 PDT 2013

Jaime,

You are a much better poet than I!  Part of our problem is, we seem to approach resource depletion as a supply-side problem, when the real problem is, as you imply, excessive demand.  So instead of conserving, say water, we think we'll just dam a river and build a lake.  And then it doesn't rain and the river runs dry.  The only area where a supply-side approach has any relevance is in alternative energy.  Natural law is, we can neither create nor destroy matter and energy.  We have to become much more creative in our conservation and reconstruction efforts.  Nature will renew our limited resources, but at about the pace of evolution itself.

Thanks for spreading the word.

Randy

There are no passengers on Spaceship Earth.  We are all crew.
-Marshal McLuhan