[Oe List ...] Jr. Olympics National Track and Field in Greensboro, NC- Lo...

LAURELCG at aol.com LAURELCG at aol.com
Sat Jul 27 14:28:45 PDT 2013

Thanks for sharing, Lynda. Will definitely be cheering for Nolan, and may
all the family injuries heal quickly.

Blessings,
Jann

In a message dated 7/27/2013 2:18:11 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
llc860 at triad.rr.com writes:

Dear Colleagues,  Warning, this is a grandma  brag.  Delete if in a hurry.

 I'm slowly making progress after a ruptured disc July 1.  Jono and  Kelley
 and family (4) were thru this afternoon to check on me and we did an early
celebration  of Jono's 46th birthday since I  won't be cleared to travel
until after his real birthday Aug. 4, and then short distances for a  while.
Jeremiah and Nolan also came over.  We all look like the  Hop-a-Long Cassidy
family.  Me with a cane, having graduated from a  walker and  John with a
strained  back; Jeremiah on crutches, and Nolan (who was on crutches 2 months
ago with a  broken bone in his foot) sporting  the big scraps above his
ankle  sustained in Thurs.'s Steeple Chase in the Jr. Olympics.  Jeremiah
injured his knee while on a Father-Son  retreat with Nolan this past weekend..
He's had X-rays, but still not  sure where the problem is, so he had MRI
today before coming  over.

We are all so excited about Nolan's participation in  the National  Jr.
Olympics.  In Thurs. morning's preliminaries, he  came in 2nd in his heat for
the 1500m race which qualifies him to run  in Sunday's finals for the
National  Jr. Olympics championships.   There are over 8000 young people from
around the US ages 8-18  participating right here in Greensboro at beautiful A&T
stadium.

Since we couldn't attend, we  were delighted to find that the events are
being Live Streamed free at  _www.usatf.tv_ (blocked::http://www.usatf.tv/) .
His 1500m  event against 12 other qualifiers will be around 2:30 EST on
Sunday  afternoon.  He says that his injury was just a deep scrape and is
healing  nicely,  (Thankfully young people heal so fast!) and he is cool about
his  participation tomorrow.

If anyone is interested in watching, once you get on  the Jr. Olympics USA
Track and Field  page, look for LIVE in big letters  in the banner. Be sure
to get the Jr. Olympics and not the Thorpe Cup.   Look on the side bar for
his impressive 2nd place win Thurs at some time if  you wish.  He is in 1500m
Boys 15-16 Heat  3.
In the finals tomorrow, there will only be one event,  so it will be quick.
 He goes by Nolan Cook and is in the neon green  jersey in Thurs. event.
Who knows what his jersey will be  tomorrow.  Maybe it's a uniform and he
will be in it again.

Is this a proud grandma or what?  Greensboro has  lots of history with our
movement and with several colleagues.  Many of you have known Nolan's
father, Jeremiah, as a young boy.   We salute the discipline,  skill and
determination of this caring young  man.

Lynda Cock (and  John)

OE  mailing  list
OE at lists.wedgeblade.net