[Oe List ...] Completed Life of Ruth Reames

Jim Slotta jslotta at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 20 13:28:37 PDT 2013

(from Jim Slotta in Denver)

Dear ICA Colleague Ruth Reames has died. I am forwarding to the ICA
and OE listserves an email from Ruth's brother, Phil Nelson. ICA
Denver Colleagues know Ruth Reames to have lived an authentic life,
and to have been a cherished friend and valued colleague. She was a
spiritual leader of leaders. May GOD bless her soul as it joins her
husband Mark in this last phase of life. She and Mark were United
Methodist missionaries to Japan for 25 years.

Shared here are comments from Sherwood & Eunice Shankland, from Sunny
Walker, and from Catherine Welch:

===
Phil, Seth, family and friends,
We stand together as the world stops for a moment on Ruth's amazing
journey...
We hear the roaring sound of peaceful silence as time marches on...
We grieve and celebrate a life well lived...
We appreciate the love and care of family and friends...
We dare to grasp the torch of care that Ruth has passed on to us...
In Peace we are grateful for another day...

Blessings all around, Sherwood and Eunice
===

===
And another quite bright star shines in the Heavens. Ruth is laughing
at my
2-story Universe remark and I'm pausing as she settles back
comfortably in
her chair on my meditative council.

Grace and peace be to all who were blessed by her presence,
Sunny
===

===
Thank you for sending us word of Ruth's passing.  I don't think I've
ever known anyone personally who lived her convictions more than
Ruth.  For example, when Ruth came to believe that using resources
like paper products was unsustainable, she would pack up 20 ceramic
cups and bowls and carry them to an event where a meal was being
served.  She rode her bike all around town to meetings and events,
stating that although she needed a knee replacement, which she
eventually got, the exercise would benefit her rehab. She showed
generous hospitality to people of many different cultures and
backgrounds.  In recent years as her memory failed for details, she
nevertheless retained a gracious appreciation for the familiar faces
of friends.  Our lives are deeply enriched by having known her.

Grace and Peace, Catherine Welch
===

Begin forwarded message: