[Oe List ...] Great Teachings for climate change:Michael Dowd and Connie Barlow's newsletter

LAURELCG at aol.com LAURELCG at aol.com
Wed Jan 9 10:44:13 PST 2013

Colleagues, these links lead to fabulous resources,  imho.

Jann

Dear Friends and Fellow Evolutionaries,

Greetings in the New Year! Three things this  month:

1. What's New on The  Great Story website:
_http://thegreatstory.org/new.html_ (http://thegreatstory.org/new.html)
(Parents: we highly recommend the "_Elemental  Birthdays_
(http://solstice-and-equinox.com/elementalbirthdays.html) " resource!)

2. Our awakening to  the moral urgency of climate change, as
intergenerational injustice /  intergenerational evil:
Best short videos and most helpful resources on the  subject:
_http://thegreatstory.org/climate.html_ (http://thegreatstory.org/climate.html)
Direct link to our "personal awakening" video on  YouTube:
_http://youtu.be/a1HpkCiOaiI_ (http://youtu.be/a1HpkCiOaiI)
My HuffPost blog post:
_http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rev-michael-dowd/intergenerational-evil-of_b_2366068.html_
(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rev-michael-dowd/intergenerational-evil-of_b_2366068.html)

3. My dear friend and  mentor David Gershon, co-founder of Empowerment
Institute, is one of  the world's foremost authorities on behavior-change,
community empowerment, and  large-system transformation. I know this from
personal experience, as we  worked closely together in the mid-to-late 1990s.
David's work has addressed a  wide diversity of issues:
    *   low carbon lifestyles
    *   livable neighborhoods
    *   sustainable communities
    *   organizational talent development
    *   corporate social engagement
    *   cultural transformation
David is offering a free  teleseminar this Sunday, January 13, 2013 @ 2pm
EST / 11am PST: _http://davidgershonjan2013.eventbrite.co.uk_
(http://davidgershonjan2013.eventbrite.co.uk/)

This hour-long teleseminar is  appropriate for anyone wishing to make
change happen. David presents  strategies and tools for shifting habits,
empowering communities, and  transforming large systems. Drawing on his highly
acclaimed book Social  Change 2.0, he describes how each of us can step up our
ability to make a  difference in the world.

David also introduces his "Masterclass in  Transformative Social Change"
that starts on January 27th. (Learn more about  that _here_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001AAh2gICnjSLOn2bq6hB8lj0Rg3iPSomvPyU0FXZ4baDntryx1AJFtgfvzcqoARC
e1D9AyR_Bm1r__uf0cE7Z_wtplpG-KvjT61raV-PyKCgJo3z1NZWNNlAtlQesuQFPOheFpFyxrON
ZXI-bopNZMQ==) .) Connie and I will both be on the teleseminar call  and
will also be enrolling in David's masterclass.

_Download  a free PDF_
(http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001AAh2gICnjSLOn2bq6hB8lj0Rg3iPSomvPyU0FXZ4baDntryx1AJFtgfvzcqoARCe1D9AyR_Bm1rQWQjYdCIVgUmz-1C4OIacP
ozK5YAX5OaYQXHZX55AbWyEs_1VgaQbUl_MxF8cAEhxEfO6j7oCeFAumtqTIHT8A-SRuyDCxfFqJ
aiwexg7avDDFmbGhOSy)  of "Reinventing Social Change," the introduction to
the book, Social Change 2.0.
View a short video by David Gershon  on pushing the envelope as a change
agent: _http://vimeo.com/4417571#at=0_ (http://vimeo.com/4417571#at=0)
And here's another short video of David talking about  Social Change 2.0
with Deepak Chopra: _http://youtu.be/wxZgaXbzoXs_
(http://youtu.be/wxZgaXbzoXs)

NOTE: As a member of Connie's and my "Evolutionary  Times" email list, if
you register for David's Masterclass (which is separate  from the free
teleseminar/introduction) you are entitled to a tuition reduction  of $35. Just
type "Evolutionary Times" into the partner organization box.

Again, here's the link to register for the  free January 13th teleseminar:
_http://davidgershonjan2013.eventbrite.co.uk_
(http://davidgershonjan2013.eventbrite.co.uk/)

Wishing everyone a joyful, productive, and fulfilling 2013!

Natural blessings,

~ Michael and Connie
_http://thegreatstory.org/MD-writings.html_
(http://thegreatstory.org/MD-writings.html)