[Oe List ...] Photos from Uptown in 1970s

LAURELCG at aol.com LAURELCG at aol.com
Wed Dec 4 10:27:26 PST 2013

I'm grateful to Shelley for sharing this. Now I realize how little I really
 got out into the neighborhood

These pictures are amazing and so is the text, written by a good-hearted
man with an artist's eye.

I want to make one comment. The author called both white and  black
people's visceral reaction to the image of  the black man hugging the little white
girl racist. I  disagree. The creep factor isn't racism. The expression on
the girl's face  makes me think he was a pimp. The picture nauseated me.
Learning  how much trafficking goes on has made me more aware.

There are many stories in those pictures,aren't there?

Thank you again, Shelley.

Blessings,
Jann McGuire