[Oe List ...] Fifth City moving to next stage

Jean Watts jw at facilitativeleader.com
Tue Aug 27 11:04:02 PDT 2013

Dear colleagues,
In ICA and the Order Ecumenical we discovered that our only limitation was our levels of courage, imagination and our own capacity to model and mentor what we were asking others to do. But the ICA solutions, assumptions, models, and perspective alone won't work any longer. Neither will the Rights (Progressive talk) and Responsibility (Republican talk). They MUST be fused together. They are interdependent. All of us need to open up our perspectives to really make a difference today.

ICA’s traditional Top methods of ORID conversations and consensus workshops just can’t get what we envisioned in the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, & 90’s done today in such a chaotic and turbulent time of self-serving agendas and political games. Dialogue, traditional negotiation, or redistribution/eqalitarian models driven by consensus are evolving into collaborative DESIGN processes that include all points of view and produce Win:Win:Win solutions that replace the blame and be blamed games or us versus them silliness from historical gripes and racial imbalances.

Shift New Orleans is just one of many initiatives to design the next America beginning with the recovery and rebuilding issues that exposed the racial and socio-economic imbalances. Other initiatives are emerging in Dallas and Atlanta. This is a rare moment in world history and all of us need to open our minds and join in a quest for unique and powerful solutions that are beneficial to all. ICA’s experience and wisdom has so much to offer.

I am asking anyone who might be interested or willing to get involved to contact me for more information.  jeanwatts at cox.net   504 913 7828  http://www.shiftneworleans.org