[Oe List ...] Your beautiful end notes

Susan Fertig susan at gmdtech.com
Sun Aug 25 14:54:36 PDT 2013

Jaime, did I miss something? Are you terminally ill, or were your string
of recent emails simply marking passage from one earthly plane to
another, departing Saipan for___?

I was deeply touched by each email. Stopped everything to sing, alone at
my computer, "At the Center" and felt a wave of love and nostalgia roll
over me palpably.

Loved your stories about your dad and his wanderings, the accident in
Cagayan (though born in Panay I grew up in Mtn Prov of Luzon) leading to
a time when he perhaps wished to re-create that scene more definitely.

My time in EI and ICA are like those pieces of metal grafted into your
dad's very bones-which is more "real" the graft or the raw material?
Which is it that hurts when it rains? Which would you give up, the metal
or the bone? Hard choice that, if you had to make it. But the one thing
I think the Spirit Movement got wrong is the one-dimensional universe.
I've not "been" there, but I've "seen" the other side. Not a 2-story
structure, but a multi-dimensional reality. The end of the earthly body
is not the end. I know beyond a doubt it is the beginning. It is the
freedom even Bonhoeffer (and any of us humans) can only see "through the
glass darkly."

Those who wait on the Lord,

      Shall renew their strength.

They shall mount upon wings,

      Like eagles!

They shall run and not be weary,

      They shall walk and not faint,

Help us Lord, Help us Lord, in Thy way.

Those who love the suffering world,

      Shall renew their strength,

'''

Those who die on the march,

      Shall renew their strength,

Those who live the risen life,

      Shall renew their strength,

Not sure if those are the words exactly as we used to sing them, but
it's what I sing today.

Grace + Peace,

Susan

Susan Fertig-Dykes

(personal email account)

And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in
drought .  Isaiah 58:11

STOP E-MAIL ADDRESS HARVESTING
Protect your family and friends
Please use "BCC" when sending to multiple addresses!
Please delete E-Mail addresses when forwarding!
Please be kind and remove my email address when you forward.