[Oe List ...] [Dialogue] The old Order passing away

Wilson Priscilla Pris at TeamTechPress.com
Thu Sep 27 15:55:26 PDT 2012

Jon, I've been trying to remember the church where your parents were when I met them. I went to Chicago for a couple of days this week and stopped to see a friend in Norwood Park.
Your Dad's church was St. Andrews Presbyterian Church just south of Norwood Park. This would have been in the 60s I think.
Priscilla Wilson

On Sep 27, 2012, at 5:21 PM, Ruth Landmann wrote:

> At 8:46 AM -0400 9/27/12, LAURELCG at aol.com wrote:
>> In the San Francisco House, 1970-71, Ellery acquired some bamboo poles and taught the kids a Philippino game kind of like jump rope, but jumping between the poles as they were clapped together in rhythm. She was very good at it.
>>
>> I believe she and her parents didn't get  evacuated for 2 or 3 years after the war broke out. They were hidden from the occupying Japanese army by local folks in the crawl space under the house until smuggled out on a submarine and taken to Ayers Rock (?) in Australia. Maybe Jon can elaborate. I believe her father wrote a book about it.
>>
>> I feel privileged to have been acquainted with these two heroines.
>>
>> Jann McGuire
>>

> Jann, thank you for reminding me where I first met Ellery and Tony, is was in the San Francisco House! I drove up there almost weekly for meetings of various kinds. One night I was so exhausted from long days of teaching and driving to the S.F. House so often, I nearly drove off Highway 280! (I also almost fell asleep reading a book to my 5th graders--not cool!)
>
> I remember when Ellery and Tony came to Kemper, but I have no idea what year that was.
> Ruth Landmann
> --

Priscilla H Wilson
Pris at TeamTechPress.com